Craig Slavin of Franchise Navigator has been involved in the creation, development, growth and management of franchise systems for over 40 years. During his professional career he has held many positions including, President/CEO. The single most important lesson he has learned is the best business will not succeed if it is not partnered with, managed or staffed by the right people. This one factor prevents a business from performing to its fullest and even predicts failure. He learned the key to success is all about behavioral sciences.
That led to, during the mid-`980’s, the creation of Franchise Navigator, the original and only market-validated behavioral assessment process in the franchising space.
In addition, Craig founded:
- Franchise Architects, (1980) which creates or refines franchise systems
- Business Navigator, (2008) which assists business owners in recruiting the right staff,
- ConnectMe To The Right Franchise, (2011) the only objective matching process that directs potential entrepreneurs to the right franchises and business models.
Craig Slavin’s Accomplishments
∙ Participated in the strategic planning for the creation of The Disney Store for The Walt Disney Company.
- Created the original business model and expansion program for AT&T’s Cellular Telephone subsidiary, Advanced Mobile Phone Services, Inc.
∙ Created the first non-union, franchised trucking company for l.U. International, the nation’s second largest motor carrier. This was accomplished for Ryder P.l.E. with $900 million in annual revenues.
∙ Created the original expansion program for T.C.B.Y.
∙ Created an entire restaurant concept for the world’s fourth largest integrated poultry producer, located in Arabia.
∙ Participated in strategic planning/analysis of a dedicated retail store for Apple Computers.
∙ Created and implemented the repositioning, imagery and operational formats for a 20-year old retail cleaning and maintenance organization.
∙ Participated in creation of a new retail/petroleum concept for the Shell Oil Company.
∙ Participated in the repositioning of the second oldest and fourth largest pizza/restaurant chain.
∙ Facilitated the acquisition, by 65 franchisees, of the franchisor and subsequent expansion strategies for HQ, The Headquarters Companies.
∙ Created the franchised expansion program and retail automation system for The Circle K Corporation.
∙ Expanded an importing/distribution and retailing company with one location to $11 million in revenues and acknowledgment as one of Inc. Magazine’s 500 fastest growing companies in five years.
∙ Assisted Motorola in assessing distribution system alternatives.
∙ Created the franchise expansion program for the carpet cleaning operation of Australian based Grace Brothers Department store.
- Assisted in the analysis and repositioning of Sears’ Retail Dealer Stores to the Sears Hometown Stores.
- Headed up the creation of a new operating business for Hewlett-Packard.
- Former CEO/President of Giordano’s Famous Stuffed Pizza. Redesigned the protoytpe and grew the concept to 44 operating locations with some locations exceeding $5M in sales.
- Former President/CEO El Taco Tote Real Mexican Grill. Developed new prototype and streamlined operations and grew this Southwest/Mexican concept to 44 locations with AUV of $2.2M.
Craig Slavin on LinkedIn
Craig Slavin on Twitter
Guest appearances by Craig Slavin: